Friday, September 10, 2010

Friends of the Library

The Friends of the Library in Waycross, Georgia invited me to speak at their meeting last night. To prepare for it, I bought the book: 10 Days to More Confident Public Speaking. It took me over a month to read the book, with working, etc. They had many good ideas in it and it helped me a lot to know what to do ... and not do. I prayerfully wrote my speech and prayed for God to only let me say the words He wanted me to say. I also had the opportunity to teach our ladies' Sunday School class a few times and that gave me 'practice'.
It went well. I was pleased how God led me as I spoke and gave me the nerve to stand up there in front of about 20 people, some of them being my relatives and friends. Afterwards, I had the opportunity to sell some of my novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my books.